Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A La Playa

The beaches here are very cool. They stretch as far as you can see in both directions of the bay and are lined with impressive looking high-rise hotels. The water is turquoise, though the surf isn't idea for color. Below is a collection of photos from wandering on the beach this morning.

Here is a link to my newest Facebook album, too (Facebook is being a dick, the beach photos will be up later tonight or tomorrow):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2075604&l=e192c&id=1330


Yesterday I went to a beach close to the hostel. I walked for a while until I found a place I liked, sat down with my towel and started reading. When I'd gotten bored, I figured it'd be good to go in the water. The waves in front of my were 3-4 meters and higher with a strong current--not something I wanted to mess with on my own. I walked down the beach to a more populated area and left my stuff--my book, a towel, my sandals, my shirt and some water--in front of a hotel in front of a few chairs. I had the only true valuables on me--my key and some money. I quickly went in the water and probably wasn't in for more than five minutes. When I returned, my stuff was gone. Great. I mean, If I'm going to have anything stolen from me, please steal my shirt and towel. See where that gets you. Oh, and take my cell phone, too. I need a new one.

I started talking with a bartender and a security guard nearby. They decided that--in the five minutes I was gone--someone had decided to take my stuff to the hotel's lost and found. Hell, they probably had seen me put the stuff there. They wouldn't let me go up and check the lost and found, though because I wasn't a guest at the hotel. The security guard instead left to check for me. He was gone long enough that I was beginning to think it'd be setup. Finally he returned with my pile of not-so-valuables. But yeah, a hotel tried to steal my shirt and water bottle--fucking retarded. This pissed me off more than another story I have coming for you guys. On the brighter side of things, they folded my stuff for me and I've started stealing their free wireless.

And the photos, enjoy!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home