Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Only a Week Left

It's been a pretty mellow week, not much to talk about. My Spanish classes finish up on Friday--they've definately been very helpful. The weather's gotten better, although it remains very unpredictable. It was a gorgeous day yesterday after classes finished up. Even looking at the horizon, rain was the last on my mind. In the time it took me to return to my home stay house, get my camera and return to the main plaza, however, the sky had completely clouded up. Twenty minutes later it was pouring. I hadn't even thought to bring my rain jacket. I wanted to go to nearby archeological site--Monte Alban--but both days were pretty cloudy and not great for the photos I want to take. Hopefully this weekend!

The city is in the process of gearing up for it's annual festival, Guelageutza. They're replanting all the flowers in the central plaza. Tents are going up in a few places. It's not uncommon to hear fireworks--even in the day. Beginning this week, there are events scheduled for the next two weeks or so--it's going to be a very happening time. I'm going to try to go to as many of these events as possible and incorporate photos of them into my final project here.

Here are a few photos of Oaxaca that I took yesterday. Most of the stuff I'm shooting is for this final project. I don't want to give much of my project away, so the selection of photos from now on is going to be more limited. The photos I post are unlikely to be my favorites. The project will also put the photos in much better perspective. One more week here, home on July 25th, and then back to school for OA business on August 16th.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home